Certified Veterinary Technician -
Veterinary Technicians are at the heart of every practice. For our doctors, our managers, our customers and our pets, they are an indispensable ally. We will provide every vet tech the opportunity to learn and to grow with us.
As a Banfield Veterinary Technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
We will provide you with the tools and resources to do your job, with a focus on professional development through training and mentorship. You'll practice at the top of your license with vet tech appointments while advocating for the wellbeing of pets.
- Full Time and Part Time
- Mid Level
- Location Based Sign On Bonus
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
People Our people are as important as the pets we serve.
Join the world’s largest, most inclusive community of veterinary professionals.
Pathways Your purpose is our purpose.
Discover the flexibility and opportunity to find the path that’s right for you.
Progress A passion for progress.
Become a part of Banfield and together let's forge the future of preventative pet care.
We encourage you to follow your passions, no matter how that looks to you.
Whether progressing into hospital leadership or pursuing a path at our headquarters— we'll have your back.
Your calling is calling you
Together, we empower every vet tech to practice their dreams and power their future.
Why We Show Up Everyday | This Is Banfield
At Banfield, we recognize the value of credentialed veterinary technicians. Through their unique skillset and unwavering commitment to our veterinary teams, clients and passion for helping pets, they enable our work of heart and our purpose: A Better World for Pets.
Banfield to launch veterinary technician appointments
In 2019 we launched credentialed veterinary technician appointments to Banfield hospitals nationwide.Learn More
Health and Wellness Programs
To help find a healthy balance between work and personal life, Banfield provides associates and their family members with free access to My Health & Wellbeing Resources-- a resource to help make life's challenges easier to navigate. Medical, dental, vision and coverage for life insurance, short and long term disability are also offered to our associates.
Banfield provides a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with competitive matching contributions for associates.
Paid Time Off
For when it's time to get away to refresh, eligible associates accrue PTO based on their job, years of service and hours, coupled with 8 holidays per calendar year. Disability plans are also available to support our associates.
The practice offers up to $600 per fiscal year for outside continuing education, annual membership subscriptions to NAVTA and VetFolio, funds towards a VetGirl subscription and veterinary licensing and much more!
Associates have access to many development resources from in the hospitals and external sources. Supporting associates development is of upmost priority so they can pursue their desired career aspirations.
We believe in work/life balance and support that belief with one of the most generous benefits packages in the profession including paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, practice-paid life and disability insurance, flexible scheduling, Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets and more!
Certified Veterinary Technician -
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. And, we believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with your state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to adopt our Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. And, while your on-paper qualifications are of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients
As a Banfield vet tech, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment – includes maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced vet tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by providing:
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscription to VetFolio, and a 50% discount for VetGirl
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the local communities where you live and serve
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice level
We’ve created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all with one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all pets.
Commitment to community wellness
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how we support the wellbeing of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
So, what are you waiting for?
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.