Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Doctor of Veterinarian Medicine (DVM) In Charlotte area - Sign-on/Relocation up to $40K!Apply Now Job ID CHA000R9 Location , Charlotte, North Carolina Job Type Full Time / Part Time
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine - Sign-on/Relocation up to $40K!
Join Banfield today and make a better world for pets in the Gastonia, Charlotte, Matthews and Harrisburg, area! We have several veterinarian positions available NOW.
Join a team committed to practicing the highest quality medicine with modern equipment and diagnostics, and excellent paraprofessional staff. We see a diverse caseload and focus on teamwork, compassionate pet care, and thorough client education. We offer outstanding compensation and benefits.
Banfield Pet Hospital is currently hiring Experienced and New Graduate Associate Veterinarians, and Leadership Positions:
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
We believe hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care for each pet and client.
Banfield’s veterinarians apply their extraordinary passion, skills, and education, at every practice location. We support and depend on our veterinarians to use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, hospital teams, and the communities we serve.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career.
Are you ready to dedicate yourself to helping us advance veterinary medicine across our practice and throughout the industry?
- Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Devote yourself to the culture of preventive care and Optimum Wellness Plans
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfield’s Medical Quality Standards
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Banfield encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice may reimburse this cost.
- Once an associate has obtained their SCS, Banfield will apply and pay for your DEA License.
- New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
Your well-being matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients.
As a Banfield veterinarian, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment – includes maternity leave
- Liability and malpractice insurance
- Eligibility to enroll in the Veterinary Student Debt Relief Pilot Program
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Our dedication to your growth.
Your development is important to us which is why we'll provide you with the following:
- Personal development plans designed to define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- VIN Membership discounts and other veterinary networking opportunities
- The chance to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
Commitment to community wellness.
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how we support the wellness of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
Support when you need it most.
As the world’s largest veterinary practice, one of our biggest differentiators is our talented and equally passionate support teams that surround our skilled veterinarians.
This network of hospital, field, and headquarters leadership, allows us to offer you the support and resources needed to help you worry less and focus more on being your best self while practicing veterinary medicine.
The time is now!
Ready to start your career with Banfield? Apply now.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
A Day in The Life of a Banfield Associate Veterinarian
As a Banfield Associate Veterinarian, it’s less about the job description, and more about the opportunity to contribute your unique skills and expertise to your team while developing your veterinary career. Banfield Associate DVMs support our hospitals and the communities we serve by:
- Practicing ethical veterinary medicine according to all applicable laws and codes
- Using evidence-based medicine, education, and experience to provide the highest quality preventive care, diagnoses and treatment services for every pet you see
- Performing all common surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments, equipment, and Banfield’s best-in-class anesthesia protocols
- Partnering with clients to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the long-term health of their pets
- Maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s research-driven database PetWare
- Fostering an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your unique veterinary knowledge and experience
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
Aside from our minimum educational, license, experience, and skill-set requirements, we aim to hire and develop Associate Veterinarians who share in our passionate dedication to the advancement of veterinary medicine — across our practice, and throughout the industry.
Like all associates, we look to our DVMs to uniquely exemplify our Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom. As much as we value on-paper qualifications, we actively seek out DVMs who want to combine their skills with our Principles to be part of something bigger. At Banfield, we take pride in hiring passionate Associate Veterinarians who are:
Dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for the wellness of pets
Able to adopt and positively impact new veterinary protocols and recommendations
Devoted to the philosophy of long-term pet health through preventive care
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for Banfield Associate Veterinarians
We believe in rewarding those who provide compassionate pet health care with a genuine approach to personal wellness and professional development. Because of our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family as care for pets and their owners.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
All Associate DVMs receive competitive salaries in addition to a number of savings, health, and insurance benefits, ranging from 401k participation to Liability Malpractice insurance. We also encourage you to take full advantage work-life balance benefits and programs including paid vacation that help you maintain a balance of work, play, and rest.
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a recent graduate looking to start your career as an Associate Veterinarian, or an experienced DVM looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career. We are committed to helping Associate DVMs grow by providing:
Personal development plans designed to help you define and achieve veterinary career goals
Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
VIN Membership discounts and other Veterinary networking opportunities
Opportunities to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
A Support Structure That Helps You Thrive
As the world’s largest veterinary practice, one of our biggest differentiators is the multi-talented, equally passionate support structure that surrounds our skilled veterinarians.
This network of leadership in the hospital, in the field, and at headquarters offers you the kind of support and resources you need to help you focus on practicing the best veterinary medicine.
Together we are a team, making a real impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
Start your Banfield Career as an Associate Veterinarian
Learn more about the impact you can make with a Banfield veterinary career and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
View the official job description or if you’re ready to make your move, apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!