Veterinary Technician in Chicago South
Veterinary Technicians are at the heart of every practice. For our doctors, our managers, our customers and our pets, they are an indispensable ally. We will provide every vet tech the opportunity to learn and to grow with us.
As a Banfield Veterinary Technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
We will provide you with the tools and resources to do your job, with a focus on professional development through training and mentorship. You'll practice at the top of your license with vet tech appointments while advocating for the wellbeing of pets.
- Full Time and Part Time
- Mid Level
- Location Based Sign On Bonus
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
People Our people are as important as the pets we serve.
Join the world’s largest, most inclusive community of veterinary professionals.
Pathways Your purpose is our purpose.
Discover the flexibility and opportunity to find the path that’s right for you.
Progress A passion for progress.
Become a part of Banfield and together let's forge the future of preventative pet care.
We encourage you to follow your passions, no matter how that looks to you.
Whether progressing into hospital leadership or pursuing a path at our headquarters— we'll have your back.
Your calling is calling you
Together, we empower every vet tech to practice their dreams and power their future.
Why We Show Up Everyday | This Is Banfield
At Banfield, we recognize the value of credentialed veterinary technicians. Through their unique skillset and unwavering commitment to our veterinary teams, clients and passion for helping pets, they enable our work of heart and our purpose: A Better World for Pets.
Banfield to launch veterinary technician appointments
In 2019 we launched credentialed veterinary technician appointments to Banfield hospitals nationwide.Learn More
Health and Wellness Programs
To help find a healthy balance between work and personal life, Banfield provides associates and their family members with free access to My Health & Wellbeing Resources-- a resource to help make life's challenges easier to navigate. Medical, dental, vision and coverage for life insurance, short and long term disability are also offered to our associates.
Banfield provides a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with competitive matching contributions for associates.
Paid Time Off
For when it's time to get away to refresh, eligible associates accrue PTO based on their job, years of service and hours, coupled with 8 holidays per calendar year. Disability plans are also available to support our associates.
The practice offers up to $600 per fiscal year for outside continuing education, annual membership subscriptions to NAVTA and VetFolio, funds towards a VetGirl subscription and veterinary licensing and much more!
Associates have access to many development resources from in the hospitals and external sources. Supporting associates development is of upmost priority so they can pursue their desired career aspirations.
We believe in work/life balance and support that belief with one of the most generous benefits packages in the profession including paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, practice-paid life and disability insurance, flexible scheduling, Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets and more!
Veterinary Technician in Chicago South
Our Vet Techs work alongside pet health care industry experts with the chance to make a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve through skilled veterinary knowledge and effective communications. As a Banfield Vet Tech, you will have the opportunity to put your love of pets to work in a career with a growing company that offers a clear career path if continued growth and learning is your goal.
Our hospital locations in South Chicago:
0426 - Aurora IL
0423 - Burbank IL
1658- Chicago South Loop IL
0428 - Lincoln Park (Chicago) IL
2262 - Lincoln Park South (Chicago) IL
1884 - Naperville Plainfield IL
5147 – Naperville Fox Run IL
0425 - Orland Hills IL
1640 - Oswego IL
Employment Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Required Education/Licenses: Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure
- Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian’s productivity.
- Assisting veterinarians and veterinary medical teams through the day-to-day function of the hospital and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
- Assisting with surgery and using your technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicating with clients about unique pet health concerns and offering guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options,preventive care, medications, and other treatments.
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical charts to benefit individual clients and the pet owner community as a whole.
- Using safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Mentoring other team members.
Being a Vet Tech requires AVMA certified credentials, skill, dedication and a desire for continuing education, but most importantly, a passion for animals and caring for them. We aim to hire and develop Vet Techs who believe preventive care is the key to achieving a long and healthy life for each pet.
- Utilize high quality medical skills
- Educate clients on all aspects of pet health
- Advocate for the wellness of pets
- Contribute to an engaging hospital environment and positive team dynamic
Our approach to rewarding our vet techs includes programs for both personal wellness and professional development. As the nation’s largest pet health care provider, Banfield is uniquely positioned to offer a wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family, as well as care for pets.
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced Vet Tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping Vet Techs grow by providing:
- Performance development plans designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- Vet Tech networking opportunities
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
We’ve created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field and at our Corporate headquarters, all with one goal in mind: to help you focus on delivering quality care for all pets.
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.