Certified Veterinary Technician
Job ID: R-117344
Clive, Iowa, United States, 50325
- Full time and part time
- Mid level
Our Veterinary Technicians are instrumental in helping us do what we do. Everyone, from doctors to managers — and, of course, our pets — look to them for competent, thoughtful care. That’s why we commit to giving vet techs the best careers and experiences we can inside all of our locations.
When you share your training and talents with our community, we have so much to give you in return. Our resources can help you develop a future in our network. And through it all, you’ll never lose sight of the reason you started — a real love for pets.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
How we care. How we work.
We do it for the same reasons you do. To live our love for pets and pet owners. To continually create better models of treatment. That’s what brought us into our hospitals. Now, see how you can put it into practice with each and every visit, whether you’re interacting with pets or supporting our network of care.
When a pet family needs help, you can be there, providing innovative care for animals.
We believe in giving you the support to balance your professional achievements with everything else you are.
You’ll be seeing your patients for years to come. And you can do it with a team that will see you grow into a trusted leader.
Make wellbeing for you and your family a priority, with our help and resources.
We encourage you to follow your passions, no matter how that looks to you.
Whether progressing into hospital leadership or pursuing a path at our headquarters — we'll have your back.
Credentialed Shift Lead
Empowered to care
In 2019, we gave our pet families the chance to schedule appointments directly with vet techs across all our hospitals.Learn more
Health and Wellbeing Programs
We’re here for you and your family, with medical, dental and vision insurance — plus access to other great resources.
401(k) Retirement Plans
Make planning ahead a little easier with competitive matching for our associates.
Paid Time Off
Earn time for yourself and your family with vacation days to use however you want.
Take advantage of offerings like, 100% practice covered VetGirl subscription, Fear Free certification/ renewal discount, up to $750 every year to keep learning about your field… and more!
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Savor life’s precious moments with your family. Enjoy practice paid parental leave.
We make sure all of our associates have the time and energy to keep living life outside of our locations.
Certified Veterinary Technician
Job ID: R-117344
11101 University Ave, Clive, Iowa, United States, 50325
Certified Veterinary Technician in Clive, Iowa
Banfield Pet Hospital – Clive
Great Opportunity for Certified Veterinary Technicians for Banfield Pet Hospital in Clive
Do what you do best and make a difference for thousands of pets! We are looking for Licensed Veterinary Technicians who have a real passion for what they do and thrive in a team-oriented environment of a brand new, full-service hospital. Your satisfaction comes from improving pets’ lives and educating pet owners about the best preventive care for their pets, using the most comprehensive veterinary information and highest-quality equipment available (such as digital x-ray and high speed dental units). Working at Banfield, you will team with some of the best veterinarians in the profession by using your expertise to provide high quality medical care in a supportive environment. At Banfield, you have real opportunities for development and a flexible career path.
The right person for this job takes great enjoyment in:
· Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's effectiveness.
· Guiding veterinary medical teams through the cycle of service and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
· Assisting with surgery and utilizing your technical skills to the fullest.
· Conducting complete anesthesia monitoring for all surgeries.
· Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical records.
· Educating clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other pet related issues.
· Ensuring the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
· Providing professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times.
· Mentoring other paraprofessional team members.
· Personal and professional development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Veterinary Technician licensure required. Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT).
· You believe preventive care is the best and only way to achieve a long and healthy life for each pet.
· You embrace our Five Principles of Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom.
· You thrive on providing exceptional client and pet experiences.
· You have great computer skills and aptitude.
· You are available to work weekends and evening shifts.
· You are comfortable working in an environment with loud noise and strong smells.
· You must be 18 years or older.
As a Banfield associate, you'll enjoy a very competitive total compensation package and a wealth of resources. We believe in work/life balance and support that belief with one of the most generous benefits packages in the profession including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with a matching contribution, practice-paid life and disability insurance, and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets.
Are You Passionate About Preventive Pet Care? Apply Today! Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
Vet Tech Spotlight: Meet Jessica
Inspired by her grandmother, Jessica wanted a career where she could share her compassion and care.Read more
Banfield Careers: Growth and Development
Banfield supports all associate’s career aspirations. Hear about Ronica's experience at the Practice.Watch video
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.