Business Partner, Field P&O - Central RegionJob ID: R-114081
Location(s): 7505 E 35th Ave, Denver, Colorado, United States, 80238Job status: Full time Apply now
This position will be based out of our Central Region (Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Utah or Wisconsin).
Salary Range: $93,707 - $128,847 (DOE)
Summary and Qualifications:
Ensure the operational execution of Mars signature processes to support the People & Organization (P&O) priorities of retention, talent, and culture.
Provide associate relations, performance management, and talent management support for field leadership in assigned region to ensure strategic business objectives are met in a productive, legally-compliant manner.
Promote a culture of performance, development, and well-being that is consistent with the Mars Five Principles and Associate Concept.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Educate on the importance of our culture and how to incorporate The Five Principles into daily activities and decision-making.
- Provide the full range of P&O generalist services to leaders with emphasis on talent, retention, culture, and the implementation of people strategies.
- Support the execution of annual P&O processes such as talent reviews, performance development process, and the Mars Associate Survey.
- Work closely with Field Leaders to assess hospital leader talent, improve working relationships, increase associate engagement, retention, and productivity.
- Conduct investigations into associate concerns involving employment risk matters such as harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Coach and guide leaders on the execution of people policies and processes to ensure legal and corporate compliance.
- Analyze P&O metrics and trends to embed people strategies around well-being, engagement, and retention.
- Identify potential engagement and retention concerns by conducting environmental scans and pulse checks, summarizing findings and working with leaders to create effective action plans.
- Communicate program information from P&O Centers of Excellence to ensure timely and efficient implementation and adoption.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This position requires 25% travel.
- Residential Requirement: All field leaders are required to live in their assigned market with the ability to establish and maintain a home office.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- PHR or SHRM-CP is preferred.
- Five years of Human Resources experience are required.
- Knowledge of employment and labor laws such as ADA, FMLA, NLRA and EEO is required.
- Previous experience with employee relations, investigations, and/or employment claims is required.
- Multi-state, multi-site experience is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
What We Offer – The Good Stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off & holidays so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your loved ones
- Fertility and family-building assistance
- Paid Parental leave
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid*
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match
- Commuter Benefits
- Legal Plan
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health support and resources
- Paid Volunteering
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets
- Continuing Education allowance & MED hours for eligible positions
- Student Debt Relief (for full-time DVMs)
- A Variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular and so much more
Even More Good Stuff:
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars, and other divisions of Mars
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- Associate-led equity, inclusion, and diversity groups (we have 7 of them!)
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
*Terms and conditions apply
**Benefits eligibility is based on employment status
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.