Manager, EMPO Systems - MVH
Job ID: R-123025
Los Angeles, California
- Mid-level, Senior, Executive
(if any) required
It's an exciting time to join Banfield. We're on a mission to create A Better World for Pets and the people who love them using the latest technology. We have a super-charged IT team and lots of awesome resources to help you realize your full career potential. Banfield seeks to be a key player in the world of medical informatics as not just a veterinary practice, but also a technology practice. Technology is Banfield’s competitive advantage—which positions the company toward a future of opportunities for insights at the fingertips of doctors and pet owners.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
How we care. How we work.
We do it for the same reasons you do. To live our love for pets and pet owners. To continually create better models of treatment. That’s what brought us into our hospitals. Now, see how you can put it into practice with each and every visit, whether you’re interacting with pets or supporting our network of care.
At Banfield, our greatest asset is our people and we take pride in looking after each other. Each of us has different experiences of the ‘way we do things’ based on many different influences. While there isn’t a single culture at Banfield, there is a common, recognizable cultural thread which unites us and gives us a sense of belonging, so that we feel like part of the family. There are three elements at the heart of our culture that we see as strengths we want to sustain: The Five Principles, Associate Concept and People Leadership.
Our opportunities are also as diverse as our workforce so no matter which career path you want to explore, Banfield is behind you. We have a robust career development platform and many resources to help you achieve your career potential.
Sr. Software Engineer
Medical, dental and vision benefits, including time off.
401(k) Retirement Plans
Employer-matching 401k retirement plan.
Career development tracks within Banfield and our sister companies.
Free onsite gym/ fitness center, onsite bistro with beautiful outdoor patio and affordable pricing, private nursing moth rooms and more!
Flexible schedules with working from home options.
Competitive compensation packages + annual bonus.
Manager, EMPO Systems - MVH
Job ID: R-123025
Los Angeles, California
*This position is a hybrid role based in Los Angeles, CA*
Summary and Qualifications:
As part of the Mars Petcare family of businesses, Mars Veterinary Health is a global network of veterinary practices made possible by 75,000 Associates who care for millions of pets across nearly 3,000 clinics in more than 20 countries each year. We are committed to leveraging our reach to make a long-term positive impact on people, pets, and the planet and know our Purpose – A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS – starts with the people who care for them.We strive to offer unparalleled veterinary care for pets by first and foremost enabling and empowering our Associates to do what they love, whether in primary, specialty, and emergency care or management and leadership.
Direct oversight of the MVH IT EPMO Project Managers to provide individual development and performance management opportunities.
Ensure project success and quality through creation /improvement of MVH IT EPMO processes and communication with project sponsors.
Develop the foundation to centralize project management at the MVH level.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Oversight, performance management, and development of MVH IT EPMO Project Managers.
- Manage and support the MVH IT EPMO by way of hiring, onboarding, mentoring, training, assignment of projects, communicating, coordinating, troubleshooting and reviewing team members.
- Support the growth of the MVH IT EPMO and business needs by identifying opportunities to centralize and/or provide mentorship, guidance and training as requested/identified.
- Creation, implementation, ongoing improvement of MVH IT EPMO processes, metrics, reporting improvements and project visibility.
- Monitoring and reporting of MVH IT EPMO project progress, budgets, risks to VP of MVH IT EPMO and proactively work through project risk and resolution by working directly with the project managers and project sponsors.
- Demonstrates effective day-to-day partnership and collaboration with all departments, stakeholders and banners including ownership of monthly EPMO Program Updates.
- Manage Project Intake and Project Intake Board.
- Oversight of Programs with Project Management as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Digital Technology, or related field is required.
- PMP Certification is required.
- 10+ years of experience working as an IT Project Manager or Program Manager is required.
- Experience with agile development and software implementation projects is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and improve internal processes and engage with company-wide initiatives is required.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
Salary: $118,000 – $178,000
What We Offer – The Good Stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off & holidays so you can spend time with the people you love.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your loved ones.
- Fertility and family-building assistance.
- Paid Parental leave.
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance.
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid.
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Legal Plan.
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account.
- Mental health support and resources.
- Paid Volunteering.
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets.
- Continuing Education allowance & MED hours for eligible positions.
- Student Debt Relief (for full-time DVMs).
- A Variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular and so much more.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
Making the Veterinary Industry More Inclusive
From the time she began her professional life, Tiffany King had one goal in mind: to make a difference.Read more
Banfield Careers: Growth and Development
Banfield supports all associate’s career aspirations. Hear about Ronica's experience at the Practice.Watch video
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.