Shift LeadJob ID: R-60865
Location(s): 597 E Ordnance Rd, Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States, 21060Job status: Full time Apply now
Veterinary Technician Shift Lead
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine. And, we believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
· Actively recruit new clients by promoting hospital services, Optimum Wellness Plans, preventative care and pet health needs.
· Manage routing the flow of clients and pets to ensure superior client care and maximum productivity of the veterinary medical team.
· Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times. This includes encouraging hospital visits, welcoming clients and pets, ensuring that they are comfortable in the hospital, educating them about their pet's health, performing or preparing procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing preparatory work for other procedures, and monitoring hospitalized or surgical pets.
· Assist incoming clients by completing the required documentation, entering all pet information and history in the computer, utilizing proper collars and tags for identification, and ensuring prompt service.
· Assist outgoing clients by providing all necessary instructions, information and invoices, dispensing prescription items per the veterinarian's instructions, selling retail products and scheduling future appointments.
· Manage the finances by maintaining accurate balances and utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
· Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's productivity and communicate with the other associates to maintain the flow of patients.
· Obtain relevant information and history from clients and maintain proper and complete medical charts.
· Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
· Assist with surgery as applicable.
· Train and mentor new paraprofessional associates.
· Quality check medical records, go home medications, regulatory documentations, hospital cleanliness, and timeliness of doctors seeing exam room patients.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.