Manager, ConstructionJob ID: 00100URO Location: 8970 NW Skyview Ave, Kansas City, Missouri Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
*This role will be located in the Midwest region*
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Construction, Manager is to plan, direct, coordinate, and budget activities associated with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
This position will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project, overseeing its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage project, scheduling in logical steps, and budgeting necessary time required to meet deadlines.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and required regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and other stakeholders, while representing the owner.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee the hired general contractor and others who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or Business, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years of experience in Construction Management or Construction Engineering are required, with knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures is required.
- Experience with business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources is required.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.