Practice Manager Dental ClinicJob ID: R-116805
Location(s): 7600 Park Meadows Dr, Lone Tree, Colorado, United States, 80124Job status: Full time Apply now
Veterinary Practice Manager Careers at Banfield Pet Hospital
Practice Managers play a pivotal role in our hospitals. Your medical practice management skills will be put to use to drive business results, and your people leadership skills will come into play as you develop associates and foster an engaging team environment. Along with a team of knowledgeable pet health care experts, you’ll ensure that clients and patients have a positive experience when they visit the hospital. Through a professional relationship with other stakeholders, including the veterinary medical team, field leadership, our corporate headquarters and PetSmart® associates (if applicable), you’ll be helping optimize the growth of both businesses. And since we are committed to your growth, you’ll be able to take advantage of a variety of educational opportunities and resources that support your career path.
Job Description Summary: In partnership with the chief of staff, the Practice Manager plays a vital role in the hospital, managing day-to-day operations so the medical team can devote their time to delivering the highest quality veterinary care.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Required Education/Licenses: Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Required Experience: Three years related experience required (health care, veterinary profession, service industry, etc.), including direct supervisory experience (includes hiring, associate development, etc.).
Description - External
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Practice Manager
The position of Practice Manager requires a fair amount of versatility. Duties involve everything from interviewing, hiring and developing associates, to evaluating the hospital’s processes, progress and productivity. Our Practice Managers also train associates on how to educate clients about our Optimum Wellness Plans®, preventive care, pet health needs and hospital services. You will also be responsible for:
- Educating associates on Banfield guidelines/practices
- Budgeting and planning for the hospital
- Dealing with daily operations
- Scheduling associates, coordinating time off and managing continuing education needs
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
The foundation of our culture and approach to business is known as The Five Principles. They include Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. These are special values we all share at Banfield and hope to integrate into our daily decisions and processes at work. Additionally, our Practice Managers have:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for problem solving
- Conflict management experience
- Leadership and analytical know-how
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for a Banfield Practice Manager
We have the resources and programs to help you stay fit, ensure the wellness of your family and pets, and offer a workplace where your professional development is important too.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package with components such as 401(k) participation, paid time off and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets. In addition, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance is offered to associates (based on eligibility).
Potential as Big as Your Passion
We help our Practice Managers take charge of their professional development with the continuing education you’ll want to excel in your career. We also offer a collection of programs geared toward improving competencies by providing:
- Connections to learning experiences
- Networking opportunities
- Ways to give back to your community through volunteerism
A Support Structure That Helps You Thrive
As a practice manager you, along with the Chief of Staff, will serve as the leaders within the hospital, but you’ll have the support of field leaders, medical leaders and our corporate headquarters behind you to help you excel. Our collaborative team environment helps us inspire the delivery of pet health care in hospitals, communities and the veterinary medicine field in general.
Start your Banfield Career as a Practice Manager
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
View the official job description or if you’re ready to make your move, apply today!
- Salary range for this role is $47,163.00-79,725.00. Specific pay rates are dependent on experience, skill level, and education of the candidate, as well as geographic location. Pay rates for salaried positions may differ based on schedule worked.
- Banfield offers an industry competitive benefits package and continues to invest in and evolve benefits programs that meet the health, wellness and financial needs of our associates. We are excited to announce our new Paid Parental Leave for 2021. Our benefits package also includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Basic Life (company paid) & Supplemental Life
- Short and Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits*
- Legal Plan*
- Health Savings Account with company funding
- 401(k) with generous company match*
- Paid Time Off & Holidays*
- Student Debt Program (for FT DVMs)
- Continuing Education allowance for eligible positions*
- Free Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets’ preventive and general care*
*Benefits eligibility is based on employment status. FT associates are eligible for all benefits programs (Student Debt Program available for FT DVMs only); PT associates are eligible for those benefits highlighted with an asterisk*.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.