Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Manager, ConstructionApply Now Job ID BAN000AB Location 2201 Gallatin Pike North, Madison, Tennessee Job Type Full-time regular
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Construction Manager is to plan, direct, coordinate, and budget activities associated with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. This position will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project, overseeing its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage project, scheduling in logical steps, and budgeting necessary time required to meet deadlines.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and required regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and other stakeholders, while representing the owner.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee the hired general contractor and others who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Communicate to all stakeholders’ schedules and associated changes in a timely manner.
- Redline architectural drawings as related to remodel and new construction documents.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Travel is required 50% (or more) of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry weights up to 75 lbs., stoop, sit, stand, kneel and climb ladders for extended periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Ability to obtain national credit card to use for business related expenses (for hotel rooms, car rentals, food purchases & necessary supplies during project period).
- Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years professional experience in Construction Management or Construction Engineering with knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models required.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures required.
- Experienced in utilizing a software as a service program (SAS) similar to Procore, Prima Vera and Lucernex.
- Prior experience with business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources required.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
- PMP or LEED certification beneficial.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!