Job ID: R-62820
32962 FM 2978 Rd, Magnolia, Texas, United States, 77354
Our Veterinary Technicians are instrumental in helping us do what we do. Everyone, from doctors to managers — and, of course, our pets — look to them for competent, thoughtful care. That’s why we commit to giving vet techs the best careers and experiences we can inside all of our locations.
When you share your training and talents with our community, we have so much to give you in return. Our resources can help you develop a future in our network. And through it all, you’ll never lose sight of the reason you started — a real love for pets.
- Full time and part time
- Mid level
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
How we care. How we work.
We do it for the same reasons you do. To live our love for pets and pet owners. To continually create better models of treatment. That’s what brought us into our hospitals. Now, see how you can put it into practice with each and every visit, whether you’re interacting with pets or supporting our network of care.
When a pet family needs help, you can be there, providing innovative care for animals.
We believe in giving you the support to balance your professional achievements with everything else you are.
You’ll be seeing your patients for years to come. And you can do it with a team that will see you grow into a trusted leader.
Make wellbeing for you and your family a priority, with our help and resources.
We encourage you to follow your passions, no matter how that looks to you.
Whether progressing into hospital leadership or pursuing a path at our headquarters — we'll have your back.
Credentialed Shift Lead
Empowered to care
In 2019, we gave our pet families the chance to schedule appointments directly with vet techs across all our hospitals.Learn more
Health and Wellbeing Programs
We’re here for you and your family, with medical, dental and vision insurance — plus access to other great resources.
401(k) Retirement Plans
Make planning ahead a little easier with competitive matching for our associates.
Paid Time Off
Earn time for yourself and your family with vacation days to use however you want.
Take advantage of offerings like, 100% practice covered VetGirl subscription, Fear Free certification/ renewal discount, up to $750 every year to keep learning about your field… and more!
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Savor life’s precious moments with your family. Enjoy practice paid parental leave.
We make sure all of our associates have the time and energy to keep living life outside of our locations.
Job ID: R-62820
32962 FM 2978 Rd, Magnolia, Texas, United States, 77354
Our Vet Techs work alongside pet health care industry experts with the chance to make a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve through skilled veterinary knowledge and effective communications. As a Banfield Veterinary Tech, you will have the opportunity to put your love of pets to work in a career with a growing company that offers a clear career path if continued growth and learning is your goal.
Job Description Summary: The primary purpose and function of the Veterinary Technician is to support veterinarians in ensuring quality veterinary care, advocating for pets and educating clients.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Required Education/Licenses: Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, and LVMT)
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Veterinary Technician
Vet Techs may have just a single job title, but in fact they fill many important roles as they move throughout their day in the hospital. They are an integral part of an effective team and support our hospitals by:
- Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian’s productivity.
- Assisting veterinarians and veterinary medical teams through the day-to-day function of the hospital and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
- Assisting with surgery and using your technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicating with clients about unique pet health concerns and offering guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, preventive care, medications, and other treatments.
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical charts to benefit individual clients and the pet owner community.
- Using safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Mentoring other team members.
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to adopt ourFive Principles— Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. And, while your on-paper qualifications are of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients
As a Banfield vet tech, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment – includes maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced vet tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by providing:
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscription to VetFolio, and a 50% discount for VetGirl
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the localcommunities where you live and serve
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice level
We’ve created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all with one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all pets.
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how wesupport the wellbeingof our people and profession through theMars Volunteer Program(MVP).
So, what are you waiting for?
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
Vet Tech Spotlight: Meet Jessica
Inspired by her grandmother, Jessica wanted a career where she could share her compassion and care.
Banfield Careers: Growth and Development
Banfield supports all associate’s career aspirations. Hear about Ronica's experience at the Practice.
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.