Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Director Veterinary Quality - Coastal CarolinaApply Now Job ID MYR0003O Location 1301 Oak Forest Lane, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Job Type Full-time regular
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary purpose and function of the Director Veterinary Quality is to ensure care delivered in market assigned hospitals meet industry and Banfield quality standards. This position partners in the hiring, coaching, developing and retaining of associate DVMs and COSs, implementing hospital based programs for quality improvement, ensuring acumen of DVMs (medical, client experience, efficiency & productivity) by monitoring care provided and building a culture of quality and safety.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Lead implementation of hospital based programs, ensuring adoption of new policies and programs that drive quality improvement and provide feedback to drive success, partnering with field and hospital leaders as appropriate.
- Lead the recruitment and hiring of doctors in partnership with Talent Acquisition, Operations and Finance to support hospital and market DVM staffing needs.
- Manage, coach and develop Associate DVMs in functional and leadership competencies to meet quality standards and alignment with the Five Principles of Mars, Inc.
- Manage, coach and develop COSs in functional and leadership competencies so they can successfully develop and retain DVMs while building engaging and productive hospitals that meet quality standards.
- Lead DVM engagement and retention efforts in partnership with regional, field and hospital leadership by implementing strategies to reduce retention risk and provide consistent support.
- Execute desired veterinary quality audits and develop strategies and tactics in partnership with CTS, field and hospital leaders that result in compliance with industry and Banfield quality standards.
- Work with market and hospital leaders to ensure hospitals are in compliance with all safety procedures and regulations for the safety of clients, associates and pets.
- Partner with CTS, field and hospital leaders to ensure hospital operations meet all local, state and federal regulations; lead efforts for DEA and radiation safety compliance.
- Build acumen in market to ensure delivery of quality care to every pet every time. Lead effort to enhance and ensure acumen of DVMs. This includes medical acumen (determining best use for/managing the CE budget and building network of internal and external medical champions/experts) along with building skills to create desired client experience and efficiencies to meet practice goals focusing on practice priorities.
- Partner with field and hospital leadership to ensure adequate and well-trained para-professional support to ensure delivery of quality care.
- Develop effective relationships with veterinary schools to meet the long term recruiting needs for the practice, partnering with (or serving as) University Liaison, CTS and other teams as needed to deliver on these plans.
- Serve as a champion for quality by communicating and demonstrating how a culture of quality and safety results in improved care, a better client experience, increased associate engagement and better hospital performance.
- Maintain awareness of capital medical equipment inventory and functionality in assigned hospitals and manage requests for additional medical equipment in partnership with Regional VPVQ.
- Actively participate in local, state, and national veterinary organizations and cultivate relationships within the veterinary profession (i.e., regulatory boards, vendors, referral hospitals) to promote a positive image of the practice and develop a strong network.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- Associate is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Must be able to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time. Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Banfield policies and protocols are not intended to supersede the associate's legal responsibilities and medical judgment. In the event of a conflict, applicable laws and regulations will control.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent foreign degree is required.
- Five years practicing in small animal veterinary medicine with hospital leadership required.
- An active veterinary license in good standing is required for every state in which they oversee hospitals.
- Experience managing multiple business units or locations preferred.
- DEA: Candidate must obtain state controlled substance and federal DEA within 3 months of employment, unless otherwise required by the state in which working
- USDA: Accredited by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Residential: All field leaders are required to live in their market/region
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!