Field Director, PittsburghJob ID: 003000JG Location: 6210 Northway Dr, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Ensure all hospitals in the market deliver on the performance of the Three Pillars and make decisions using the Five Principles.
Hire, coach and develop Practice Managers.
Partner with Area Chiefs of Staff to operate an effective and productive hospital team, ensure a safe and engaging hospital environment, and improve both the medical quality and business performance of the hospital.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Ensure compliance with all practice protocols, policies and procedures and with all local, state and federal laws, ensuring the safety of pets, clients and associates and the maintenance of clean, safe and organized hospitals (i.e., OSHA, Hazard Waste, business permits and assets protection audits).
- Enforce all Banfield standards, continuously building brand in connection with all medical and non-medical standards.
- Build and support mindset of promoting preventive care.
- Develop a performance development plan (PDP) and conduct a formal review of each practice manager (PM) in market at least once a year; in lieu of a PM in the hospital, develop a PDP and conduct a formal review for each paraprofessional in that hospital.
- Create a culture for exceptional engagement and community with market doctors, veterinary technicians and leaders.
- Support and grow each PM in assigned market to lead hospital teams so the highest quality care and service is provided to the most pets and clients, maximizing efficiency, productivity and profitability. Develop, coach, and support each Practice Manager in assigned market to lead hospital teams so the highest quality care and service is provided to the most pets and clients, maximizing efficiency, productivity and profitability. This includes developing the skills and abilities of their paraprofessionals by providing clear communication on expectations and performance.
- Ensure effective execution of OGSM performance including financial results for all area hospitals; partnering with the DVQ to deliver on the quality and compliance KPIs and the quality OGSM.
- Own (in partnership with Talent Acquisition) the recruitment, hiring, coaching, supervision and mentorship of PMs, Veterinary Technicians, and paraprofessionals in assigned market.
- Support the DVQ in the recruitment, hiring, coaching and supervision of doctors in their hospitals; maintaining LVT school relationship recruiting and outside sourcing.
- Develop, implement and oversee on-boarding plans for all new PMs and paraprofessionals in assigned market.
- Provide each PM regular updates to all internal communications, holding consistent hospital meeting to share necessary business and medical information to ensure all associates are informed, engaged, practicing quality medicine and productive.
- Ensure appropriate productivity levels for doctors and paraprofessionals, aligning the number of doctors, VMTD, and para hours to achieve maximum success, consulting with DVQ when needed.
- Manage effective doctor scheduling, partnering with the DVQ if necessary, to ensure schedule in all hospitals meets the needs of associates, clients and the business.
- Support the DVQ and ACOS in maximizing doctor engagement and retention.
- Oversee all market PMs to ensure paraprofessional schedules are effectively created and maintained to meet client and business needs; in lieu of a PM at hospital, provide oversight for effective paraprofessional scheduling.
- Ensure market quarterly inventory and hospital invoice approvals in inventory management system are complete.
- Provide oversight of expense management for all associates (i.e., PMs, paraprofessionals, DVMs and ACOS) in market.
- Manage operational emergencies within assigned market.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Must be able to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time. Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years of experience in a multi-location service industry are required.
- At least three years of manager experience are required.
- Medical background (veterinary, human health, pharmaceutical) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.