Pet Care AssistantJob ID: R-103807
Location(s): 1615 NE 21st Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States, 97232Job status: Full time Apply now
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Prepare the treatment room for examination of pets and all necessary medical item and supplies (e.g. vaccinations, fecal loops, slides, etc.) for the veterinarian and/or veterinary technician. Set up fecals, smears, and skin scrapings as allowed by state rules and regulations.
- Serve as support to the Client Services Coordinator, Veterinary Assistant and Veterinary Technician.
- Hold or restrain pets during examination, treatment, or inoculation.
- Prepare routine in-house laboratory tests (e.g. canine heartworm, feline leukemia, FIV, and canine parvovirus) as allowed by state rules and regulations.
- Monitor the comfort of hospitalized patients. Ensure the comfort of hospitalized patients by "walking", exercising, feeding, and cleaning cages and pet (when approved by the veterinarian or veterinary technician).
- Bathe and dip pets when necessary to treat dermatological conditions (when advised by veterinarian or veterinary technician).
- Clean the surgical suite and instruments.
- Ensure cleanliness of the hospital including but not limited to housekeeping such as laundry, dishes, mopping, cage cleaning, trash collection and removal and instrument cleaning as outlined by hospital protocols.
- Other job duties as assigned
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.