Veterinary TechnicianJob ID: R-79933
Location(s): 1816 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, Oregon, United States, 97220Job status: Full time Apply now
Credentialed Veterinary Technician
The anticipated starting hourly rate for individuals expressing interest in this position is $18 to $33 per hour. Rate to be determined by the schedule, location, experience, skills, and abilities of the applicant.
Who we are
We’re Banfield. You’ve probably seen us around. We started in 1955 as a small practice with big ideas about preventive petcare. We’re now the leading general veterinary care practice in America, where providing high quality preventive care and treatment advances our mission: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. We’d love to have you join our team to help in this mission.
We love pets. You know who else we love? CVTs. We enable CVTs to work at the top of their license and provide them resources and training to feel and work their best. A supportive work environment is important at Banfield, and we cultivate a culture and team based on collaboration, networking, and lifting one another up.
Banfield’s here for you so you can be there for pets!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for Credentialed Veterinary Technicians (or VTs currently in the process of completing accreditation) to add their passion, skills, and education to our team. We believe in hiring individuals with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, who use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, teams, and communities.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced Technician looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional career.
- Provide furry, feathered, and scaled pets with the best possible care, especially preventive care
- Build close relationships with pets and the humans who love them
- Work closely with teammates and cultivate a positive, dynamic work culture
- Impact the future of veterinary medicine with your own expertise and ways of practicing medicine
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
What we offer
Now the good stuff! We believe in taking care of our employees so they can take care of themselves, their family, and the pets they treat. We value work-life balance too! Here are just a few of the benefits full-time associates are eligible for:
The good stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and loved ones
- 16 hours of Medical Education and Development (MED) for continuing education
- Fertility and family-building assistance
- Paid parental leave
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid!*
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match
- Health Savings Account
- Mental health support and resources
- Paid volunteering
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular and so much more
Even more good stuff:
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to practice at the top of your license
- Locations all over the US to choose from
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars, and other divisions of Mars
- Dedicated onboarding and development support so you can grow your career (or become a coach yourself!)
- Continuing education opportunities paid for by us
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- National partner conferences for networking and continuing education
- Discount on Fear Free Certification
- Practice-paid subscription to NAVTA, VetGirl, and Vetfolio
- Associate-led equity, inclusion, and diversity groups (we have 7 of them!)
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
*terms and conditions apply
#registered veterinary technician (RVT) #licensed veterinary technician (LVT) #veterinary technician specialists (VTS) #certified veterinary technician (CVT)
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.