Global Compensation Lead - MVHJob ID: R-113064
Location(s): 1234 Job Posting Location, Los Angeles, New Jersey, United States, 07039Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Reporting to the Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) Director, Total Rewards Strategy, this role will be critical in the strategic partnership with MVH business units to plan, develop, and implement new and revised Compensation programs, policies, and procedures. This role provides comprehensive and multiple-faceted data driven insights that support the design and implementation of innovative, cost effective and market competitiveness of MVH total rewards programs aligned with MVH people strategy.
This role will: Ensure alignment of Total Rewards in the relevant business units, with the MVH People Strategy, & Total Rewards strategy appropriate for their organization, as well as, the governance process, based on a strong appreciation for Mars, Incorporated’s culture, Five Principles, strategies, and philosophies.
From a Data perspective, this role will be responsible for 1) setting strategy around short and long-term total rewards data requirements, and 2) in cooperation with MVH P&O Analytics team, responsible for ensuring consistency of demographic and other TR related data used by MVH. In addition, this role leads various data collection processes and analysis for key total rewards initiatives and owns total rewards roadmap costing analyses in partnership with MVH Corp Finance and BU finance teams.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Accountable for setting MVH compensation strategy in collaboration with the Director and business units.
- Lead the development and implementation of compensation programs based on external information and internal analytics and practices. Engage and facilitate collection of input from business units.
- Support/ownership on key compensation initiatives in support of MVH with stakeholders outside of MVH. Key initiatives include Sustainable Wage, Job Leveling, Pay Structure, MarketPay and Compensation roadmap.
- Implement and enhance solutions, guidelines and governance processes as related to compensation.
- Contribute to ongoing development of Mars VH compensation strategy.
- Partner with the business units to establish short – medium - and long-term Total Rewards priorities.
- Co-create Total Rewards solutions with the Director and/or business partners.
- Define and lead governance processes as related to compensation.
- Ultimate accountability for business unit relationships.
- Manages total rewards tools for MVH Global (e.g., MarketPay) and assists MVH corp function and business unit total rewards functions with data collection and reporting.
- In partnership with MVH TR Business Partner, supports data needs for yearly review of pay framework across all markets.
- Assists in collecting and analyzing market data to support the development and maintenance of MVH pay structures (globally).
- Creates relationships and partners with P&O analytics, Compensation, and HRIS teams to understand data landscape and is the TR data leader influencing the MVH TR function direction and strategy regarding valuable data insights.
- Manages ad hoc analytics for MVH wide projects and reporting to various stakeholders on compensation (e.g., MVH leadership, Board, RTC, BUs, CA).
- Coordinates data analytics processes with select third party providers (e.g., Fidelity on 401k performance dashboard; future MVH wide medical plan providers, etc.).
- Develops future roadmap for selecting and implementing benefit data aggregator and/or reporting capabilities for MVH Global.
- Contributes to the effective and efficient design, deployment, management, and administration of rewards programs, processes, and changes.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources/Statistics/Business is required. An advanced degree (Master’s/PhD in Human Resources or related discipline) is preferred.
- Professional certifications related to Rewards, HR, Law and/or Finance & Accounting a plus.
- 8+ years’ of experience in related area: Total Rewards, communication, project management (technical AND process management experience).
- Experience in health care and/or medical devices sector is a significant plus.
- Skilled in coordination of total rewards programs deployment and in applying a strategic orientation to solve existing or anticipated business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently, working in partnership across boundaries with strong influencing skills while building trusting and credible relationships – understanding a diverse Associate population.
- Highly experienced working with cross-functional collaboration and program delivery with a strong understanding and working knowledge of Workday.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge and experience with job architecture, retention and/or special incentive programs is required.
- Proven communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in a team environment – especially across geographies and time zones.
- Experience working directly with and influencing senior leaders.
- Strong appreciation for Mars, Incorporated’s culture, Five Principles, strategies, and philosophies.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.