Hospital Maintenance Technician - Sacramento, CA AreaJob ID: R-102061
Location(s): 1738 Watt Ave, Sacramento, California, United States, 95825Job status: Full time Apply now
This role will support our Banfield Pet Hospital locations within a 90 mile radius of the Sacramento, CA area.
Salary Range: $73,753 - $101,410 (DOE)
Summary and Qualifications:
Ensure hospital facilities in their region are maintained in good condition and working order by identifying, managing, and performing facility and medical equipment repairs and preventive maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Identify, manage, perform, measure, schedule and track facility repair and preventive maintenance tasks in accordance to practice standards, including but not limited to:
- Painting and cove base installation
- Cabinetry and laminate repairs
- Drywall and ceiling repairs
- Basic plumbing and electrical repairs
- Lighting maintenance and repairs
- Flooring maintenance and repairs
- Manage assigned in-house maintenance and repair work orders, schedule the work, communicate timelines to hospitals and Facilities Coordinators and complete the work.
- Manage all facets of ceramic tile floor care regional maintenance program.
- Source, select, hire, and manage painting contractors to complete all paints within region in accordance to practice standards.
- Perform medical equipment preventive maintenance work on various equipment. Report on-repairable damage to Facility Coordinators.
- Inspect, document, and report facility damages, repairs, structural conditions, and construction plan variances.
- Regularly provide clear and concise communication of repairs, projects and service work updates and deliverables to managers and field leaders.
- Purchase and keep inventory of all needed hospital maintenance materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements within Banfield guidelines and budget to meet job deadlines.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Must have clean driving record and agree to annual MVR reports.
- Residential Requirement: All hospital maintenance associates are required to live in the market to which they are assigned.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Facilities Management is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years of Construction or Maintenance experience are required.
- Knowledge of construction terms, blueprints, troubleshooting electrical, plumbing, casework, and general building constructions is required.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with building construction power tools, electrical, plumbing, drywall repair, paint, cabinetry, laminate, VCT and ceramic flooring installation & repair, and general building construction are preferred.
What We Offer – The Good Stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off & holidays so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your loved ones
- Fertility and family-building assistance
- Paid Parental leave
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid*
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match
- Commuter Benefits
- Legal Plan
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health support and resources
- Paid Volunteering
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets
- Continuing Education allowance & MED hours for eligible positions
- Student Debt Relief (for full-time DVMs)
- A Variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular and so much more
Even More Good Stuff:
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars, and other divisions of Mars
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- Associate-led equity, inclusion, and diversity groups (we have 7 of them!)
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
*Terms and conditions apply
**Benefits eligibility is based on employment status
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.