Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Certified Veterinary Technician in Chicago North- Sign-on up to $3,000Apply Now Job ID SCH0003F Location 1440 E Golf Rd, South Elgin, Illinois Job Type Full Time / Part Time
Our Vet Techs work alongside pet health care industry experts with the chance to make a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve through skilled veterinary knowledge and effective communications. As a Banfield Vet Tech, you will have the opportunity to put your love of pets to work in a career with a growing company that offers a clear career path if continued growth and learning is your goal.
Our hospital locations in North Chicago:
0477 - Crystal Lake IL
0427 - Evanston IL
0429 - Geneva IL
0436 - Gurnee IL
1372 - Hoffman Estates IL
2044 - Mt. Prospect (Arlington Heights) IL
1262 - Niles North IL
0431 - Northbrook IL
1181 - Schaumburg IL
1139 - Skokie (Niles) IL
1371 - South Elgin IL
2147 - Vernon Hills IL
Employment Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Required Education/Licenses: Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure
- Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian’s productivity.
- Assisting veterinarians and veterinary medical teams through the day-to-day function of the hospital and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
- Assisting with surgery and using your technical skills to the fullest, within state practice acts regarding duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicating with clients about unique pet health concerns and offering guidance on Optimum Wellness Plan® options, preventive care, medications, and other treatments.
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical charts to benefit individual clients and the pet owner community as a whole.
- Using safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Mentoring other team members.
Being a Vet Tech requires AVMA certified credentials, skill, dedication and a desire for continuing education, but most importantly, a passion for animals and caring for them. We aim to hire and develop Vet Techs who believe preventive care is the key to achieving a long and healthy life for each pet.
- Utilize high quality medical skills
- Educate clients on all aspects of pet health
- Advocate for the wellness of pets
- Contribute to an engaging hospital environment and positive team dynamic
Our approach to rewarding our vet techs includes programs for both personal wellness and professional development. As the nation’s largest pet health care provider, Banfield is uniquely positioned to offer a wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family, as well as care for pets.
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced Vet Tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping Vet Techs grow by providing:
- Performance development plans designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities
- Vet Tech networking opportunities
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the communities you serve and live in
We’ve created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field and at our Corporate headquarters, all with one goal in mind: to help you focus on delivering quality care for all pets.
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!