Job ID: R-107441
- Full time and part time
- Mid level
Our Veterinary Technicians are instrumental in helping us do what we do. Everyone, from doctors to managers — and, of course, our pets — look to them for competent, thoughtful care. That’s why we commit to giving vet techs the best careers and experiences we can inside all of our locations.
When you share your training and talents with our community, we have so much to give you in return. Our resources can help you develop a future in our network. And through it all, you’ll never lose sight of the reason you started — a real love for pets.
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
How we care. How we work.
We do it for the same reasons you do. To live our love for pets and pet owners. To continually create better models of treatment. That’s what brought us into our hospitals. Now, see how you can put it into practice with each and every visit, whether you’re interacting with pets or supporting our network of care.
When a pet family needs help, you can be there, providing innovative care for animals.
We believe in giving you the support to balance your professional achievements with everything else you are.
You’ll be seeing your patients for years to come. And you can do it with a team that will see you grow into a trusted leader.
Make wellbeing for you and your family a priority, with our help and resources.
We encourage you to follow your passions, no matter how that looks to you.
Whether progressing into hospital leadership or pursuing a path at our headquarters — we'll have your back.
Credentialed Shift Lead
Empowered to care
In 2019, we gave our pet families the chance to schedule appointments directly with vet techs across all our hospitals.Learn more
Health and Wellbeing Programs
We’re here for you and your family, with medical, dental and vision insurance — plus access to other great resources.
401(k) Retirement Plans
Make planning ahead a little easier with competitive matching for our associates.
Paid Time Off
Earn time for yourself and your family with vacation days to use however you want.
Take advantage of offerings like, 100% practice covered VetGirl subscription, Fear Free certification/ renewal discount, up to $750 every year to keep learning about your field… and more!
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Savor life’s precious moments with your family. Enjoy practice paid parental leave.
We make sure all of our associates have the time and energy to keep living life outside of our locations.
Job ID: R-107441
Credentialed Veterinary Technician
The anticipated starting hourly rate for individuals expressing interest in this position is $18 to $33 per hour. Rate to be determined by the schedule, location, experience, skills, and abilities of the applicant.
Who we are
We’re Banfield. You’ve probably seen us around. We started in 1955 as a small practice with big ideas about preventive petcare. We’re now the leading general veterinary care practice in America, where providing high quality preventive care and treatment advances our mission: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. We’d love to have you join our team to help in this mission.
We love pets. You know who else we love? CVTs. We enable CVTs to work at the top of their license and provide them resources and training to feel and work their best. A supportive work environment is important at Banfield, and we cultivate a culture and team based on collaboration, networking, and lifting one another up.
Banfield’s here for you so you can be there for pets!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Credentialed Veterinary Technician (or a VT currently in the process of completing accreditation) to add their passion, skills, and education to our team. We believe in hiring individuals with diverse perspectives, ideas and cultures who use their expertise in a way that benefits pets, clients, teams, and communities.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced Technician looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional career.
- Provide furry, feathered, and scaled pets with the best possible care, especially preventive care
- Build close relationships with pets and the humans who love them
- Work closely with teammates and cultivate a positive, dynamic work culture
- Impact the future of veterinary medicine with your own expertise and ways of practicing medicine
- Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
What we offer
Now the good stuff! We believe in taking care of our employees so they can take care of themselves, their family, and the pets they treat. We value work-life balance too! Here are just a few of the benefits full-time associates are eligible for:
The good stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and loved ones
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends and get paid*!
- Paid leave for new parents
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Paid short- and long-term disability, including maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets plus discounts on Mars, PetSmart, RoyalCanin, and more
Even more good stuff:
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to practice at the top of your license
- Locations all over the US to choose from
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars, and other divisions of Mars
- Dedicated onboarding and development support so you can grow your career (or become a coach yourself!)
- Continuing education opportunities paid for by us
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- National partner conferences for networking and continuing education
- Discount on Fear Free Certification
- Practice-paid subscription to NAVTA, VetGirl, and Vetfolio
- Associate-led equity, inclusion, and diversity groups (we have 7 of them!)
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
*terms and conditions apply
#registered vet technician (RVT) #licensed veterinary technician (LVT) #veterinary technician specialists (VTS)
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
Vet Tech Spotlight: Meet Jessica
Inspired by her grandmother, Jessica wanted a career where she could share her compassion and care.Read more
Banfield Careers: Growth and Development
Banfield supports all associate’s career aspirations. Hear about Ronica's experience at the Practice.Watch video
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.