Business Partner, Field P&O MidwestJob ID: R-103015
Location(s): 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington, United States, 98683Job status: Full time Apply now
*This role will be based out of our Midwest region ( e.g. Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky or Tennessee).*
Summary and Qualifications:
Ensure the operational execution of Mars signature processes to support the People & Organization (P&O) priorities of retention, talent, and culture.
Provide associate relations, performance management, and talent management support for field leadership in assigned region to ensure strategic business objectives are met in a productive, legally-compliant manner.
Promote a culture of performance, development, and well-being that is consistent with the Mars Five Principles and Associate Concept.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Educate on the importance of our culture and how to incorporate The Five Principles into daily activities and decision-making.
- Provide the full range of P&O generalist services to leaders with emphasis on talent, retention, culture, and the implementation of people strategies.
- Support the execution of annual P&O processes such as talent reviews, performance development process, and the Mars Associate Survey.
- Work closely with Field Leaders to assess hospital leader talent, improve working relationships, increase associate engagement, retention, and productivity.
- Conduct investigations into associate concerns involving employment risk matters such as harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Coach and guide leaders on the execution of people policies and processes to ensure legal and corporate compliance.
- Analyze P&O metrics and trends to embed people strategies around well-being, engagement, and retention.
- Identify potential engagement and retention concerns by conducting environmental scans and pulse checks, summarizing findings and working with leaders to create effective action plans.
- Communicate program information from P&O Centers of Excellence to ensure timely and efficient implementation and adoption.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This role requires 25% travel.
- All field leaders are required to live in their assigned market with the ability to establish and maintain a home office.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Management is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Five years of experience in Human Resources are required.
- Knowledge of employment and labor laws such as ADA, FMLA, NLRA and EEO is required.
- Previous experience with employee relations, investigations, or employment claims is required.
- Multi-state, multi-site experience is preferred.
- Spanish speaking is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.