Communications CoordinatorJob ID: BAN001JC Location: 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Provide communications and administrative support to Senior Leaders and other management.
Requires superior attention to detail with proficient written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, efficient organizational skills, solid computer skills, and the ability to work independently and in a professional manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage phone and email media hotline; field and vet inbound media inquiries, provide counsel and recommendation on participation.
- Coordinate media opportunities and interviews with spokespeople across the organization, including the development of talking points & briefing materials.
- Support issues and crisis management team – monitor and manage escalated issues, assist in the development of reactive news media and social media messaging, associate guidance and internal situation recaps.
- Help drive national PR campaigns and celebrity partnerships – support team in securing top-tier national media coverage in lifestyle, pet, and veterinary trade publications.
- Support executive thought leadership program, including identifying and helping to develop messaging for byline opportunities, print/broadcast interviews, speaking opportunities and LinkedIn content.
- Serve as key point of contact with priority veterinary trade publications.
- Ensure confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information. Prepare confidential reports, communications, presentations, organizational charts and other documents.
- Maintain Outlook calendars for supervisors, schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls, coordinating long-range calendar for team and ensuring specific issues are scheduled for follow-up, coordinate and secure travel arrangements.
- Represent supported leadership in a positive, supportive, professional manner to associates, management, vendors, visitors and strategic partners, acting as a liaison between leadership and other teams and individuals.
- Provide project management and coordination.
- Prepare, submit, and track expense reports for Executives, maintain budgets, and review reports for Executives’ direct reports, noting any discrepancies.
- Support manager with talent review process, recruiting, interviewing and onboarding.
- Team with Executives on e-mail and other essential communications.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Two years of PR, journalism, marketing or administrative experience are required.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational and writing skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to internal and external inquiries is required
- Experience in journalism or at a PR agency is preferred.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements and coordinating complex executive meetings is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.