Director Marketing, Strategic Partnerships
Job ID: BAN001E9
It's an exciting time to join Banfield. We're on a mission to create A Better World for Pets and the people who love them. We have a vibrant, growing marketing team and ample resources in place to help you do what you do best and realize your full career potential.
- Mid level
- Location based sign-on bonus
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
How we care. How we work.
We do it for the same reasons you do. To live our love for pets and pet owners. To continually create better models of treatment. That’s what brought us into our hospitals. Now, see how you can put it into practice with each and every visit, whether you’re interacting with pets or supporting our network of care.
At Banfield, our greatest asset is our people and we take pride in looking after each other. Each of us has different experiences of the ‘way we do things’ based on many different influences. While there isn’t a single culture at Banfield, there is a common, recognizable cultural thread which unites us and gives us a sense of belonging so that we feel like part of the family. There are three elements at the heart of our culture that we see as strengths we want to sustain: The Five Principles, Associate Concept and People Leadership.
Our opportunities are as diverse as our workforce. No matter which career path you choose to explore Banfield will be there for you.
In my 12.5 years with the Practice, I have been so blessed to have had some phenomenal coaches, incredible tools and resources, and so much support from colleagues. I couldn’t be more excited about what the future holds!- Paul Dutcher, DVM
Medical, dental and vision benefits.
401(k) Retirement Plans
Employer-matching 401k retirement plan.
Nursing Mother Rooms
Private mother's room with refrigerators.
Free onsite gym/ fitness center, onsite bistro with beautiful outdoor patio and affordable pricing, private nursing moth rooms and more!
Onsite bistro with beautiful outdoor patio and affordable pricing.
Competitive compensation packages + annual bonus, including time off.
Director Marketing, Strategic Partnerships
Job ID: BAN001E9
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Director, Strategic Partnerships is to identify potential partners, drive sales through new partnerships, and build mutual relationships in order to elevate Banfield’s offerings.
Provide strategic business development approach and sales forecasting to build this new channel and drive the resulting revenue.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Identify opportunities to develop and builds strategic partnerships to strengthen the business.
- Create annual revenue, marketing objectives and partnership roadmap to achieve goals.
- Develop long-lasting business relationships with a variety of partners inside and outside the veterinary industry.
- Partner with finance to forecast growth projections, pricing and partnership offers.
- Create and negotiates offers and facilitates legal agreements in collaboration with Legal.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure all contract terms are executed.
- Present data and market research to the Marketing Leadership team, Senior Leadership and Finance in order to recommend strategies to expand programs.
- Collaborates with the field and hospital marketing teams to create partnerships that support new partnerships.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with commercial, real estate and others to determine additional ways we can grow partnership.
- Lead operations and digital teams to ensure the proper enhancements or improvements are made within our systems to support the growth of our strategic partnerships.
- Track and measure all aspects of the program.
- Prepare and make presentations to senior leadership highlighting the possibilities, the opportunities and the success of the program.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Eight years of professional experience in sales & marketing are required, including at least three years in business development and account growth.
- Experience with product and customer sales and development in multi-unit business is required.
- Excellent customer service and customer sales/account management skills are required.
- Some knowledge of the health care industry is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.