Director, Organizational Development & TalentJob ID: R-76707
Location(s): 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington, United States, 98683Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Oversee and ensure the organizational development related to engagement, culture, succession planning and leadership development, as determined through needs assessment and practice wide initiatives.
Manage a team of associates responsible for ensuring effective design, development & support of signature processes and programs related to leadership assessment and development, associate engagement, and culture.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Help drive and proliferate the Mars, Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) and Banfield culture throughout Central Team Support (CTS), the Field, and our hospitals.
- Develop and maintain a strong functional team through effective training, coaching, team building and succession planning, preparing a professional development plan for each associate.
- Demonstrate role model leadership that the rest of the organization can look to as an example.
- Act as a member of the Banfield People & Organization (P&O) leadership team, partnering with leaders to build and foster one ‘P&O team’ throughout the P&O functions at Banfield and across MVH.
- Lead the talent COE, including oversight of the PDP, MDR and succession planning processes for the practice.
- Set the strategy and process for talent and succession planning for all levels of the organization.
- Develop and drive a strategy around Associate Engagement ensuring best practices are leveraged from Mars, Inc. and from within each region and hospitals.
- Develop and deploy practice wide recognition programs including Make the Difference and other appropriate schemes as the needs arise.
- Support the cultural transformation of the practice at CTS and the hospitals with the internalization of the Five Principles, the Associate Concept and Mars cultural attributes, diagnosing gaps and opportunities, developing, and deploying tools, experiences, training and policies that support the desired future state.
- Influence and leverage P&O co-pilots for insights and to drive deployment of organizational development and engagement initiatives.
- Provide strategic guidance on talent assessment and development at the senior-most levels of the organization, supporting leaders as we develop and build a strong pipeline of bench strength for MCR’s across the practice.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Eight years of experience in organizational development or talent are required.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation and communication skills is required.
- Line management and associate development experience is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.