NextVet InternJob ID: BAN001VM Location: 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Student Apply now
NextVet Internships Now Available at Banfield!
We are excited to open this opportunity to students ages 16+
This internship will take place in the following major cities: Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA; and Washington, D.C.
Real-world learning and discovery
Responsibility, experience and an important contribution to healthy pets. It’s what you can expect from an internship at Banfield. Our promise? The chance to become a valued member of the Banfield team, working side-by-side with our talented professionals to face challenges, hit deadlines and support our mission to provide top-quality care to pets.
As a Banfield intern, you will gain valuable career experience working in one of our hospitals and an insider’s look into the world’s largest veterinary practice.
About Banfield’s NextVet internship program
Our internship lasts from 6 to 10 weeks and provides students exposure to career opportunities in the veterinary industry, spanning various areas of the business and establishing a clear path forward for high school students seeking entry point into the profession. Our interns are able to interact and observe different functions within our Banfield hospitals.
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Internship will be a combination of time spent working at a Banfield hospital, engaging in virtual learning, and connecting with leaders and associates across the business. The ratio will be split as follows: 80% in hospital, 20% virtual learnings and connecting with leaders and associates.
- Observe and participate in activities such as, but not limited to, proper animal handling techniques, set up for surgical procedures, transcribing medical notes under the guidance of a doctor, performing minor laboratory procedures, and assisting with routine physical examinations while working at a Banfield hospital.
- Participate in virtual brown-bag sessions with guest speakers on industry topics, professional development, and practice initiatives, including group assignments.
- Opportunity to connect with Banfield senior executives, veterinarians, and associates from different areas of the business.
- Share learnings and experiences to help inform practice priorities.
Five Principles of Mars, Inc.
- Quality – The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal.
- Responsibility – As individuals, we demand total responsibility from ourselves; as associates, we support the responsibility of others.
- Mutuality – A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared benefit will endure.
- Efficiency – We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do only what we can do best.
- Freedom – We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free.
Education & Professional Qualification
Must be enrolled in high school or an equivalent program, and have an interest in a career working with animals.
Time commitment of approximately 3 hours per day/15 hours per week, over a 6-10 week period.
Special Working Conditions
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Banfield is committed to your professional development, by providing you with an abundance of resources and support that will help you move toward a successful career in a corporate setting.
Putting pets first, through partnership, is what sets Banfield Pet Hospital® apart. Joining Banfield means joining a team that not only improves the lives of pets, but also strives to bring out the very best in you, each and every day.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.