Platform Engineering ManagerJob ID: R-97190
Location(s): RemoteJob status: Full time Apply now
*This will be a remote role based out of the Banfield Pet Hospital headquarters in Vancouver, WA.*
Salary Range: $130,000 - $178,000 (Commensurate of Experience)
Summary and Qualifications:
Guide the practice towards stable, secure, and timely technology solutions by aligning with industry best practices in software design, security, and automation.
Collaborate with engineers and software developers to build integrated solutions across platforms and frameworks.
Deliver on architectural vision and functional roadmaps to drive innovation, scale, and growth.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Work with Technical Leads, Management, Business Stakeholders, IT Architects and fellow Principal Engineers on the selection and implementation of technical solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Participate in business-driven and internal IT projects as a subject matter expert on systems and solutions.
- Lead and influence the implementation of automation and DevOps practices and processes across the application portfolio.
- Act as SME for technical teams implementing solutions to drive architectural objectives.
- Collaborate with external partners and service providers to achieve IT objectives.
- Project management responsibilities to include the development of cost estimates, timelines, milestones, and technical documentation for new projects.
- Serve as an escalation point for Internal and External development teams.
- Oversee and be accountable for IT solutions across systems in Banfield including PetWare, Payment, PMRI, Marketing and others.
- Diagnose opportunities for efficiency in the end-to-end product delivery cycle.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 15 years of IT experience are required, with a minimum of 10 years in a system engineering position in a large and highly distributed technology footprint.
- Eight years of .Net development across various systems including PMRI and Payment are required.
- Five years of in-depth development knowledge on PetWare Application are required.
- Five years of experience in Angular UI development are preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.