Program Manager, Sustainability Communications (Mars Veterinary Health)Job ID: R-78726
RemoteJob status: Full time Apply now
*This will be a remote role based out of our Vancouver, WA location. *
Summary and Qualifications:
Communicating about Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)’s sustainability efforts and progress is critical to our business success and reputation, both internally and externally. As the world’s largest veterinary care provider, MVH has a responsibility to adopt sustainable practices and share information about impacts—and effective communication is critical to meeting these expectations.
This role will support the development, coordination and roll-out of effective communications campaigns, policies and cross-business unit activities to drive progress on our sustainability goals and maintain positive stakeholder relationships.
Helping to develop and manage projects and aspects of MVH’s sustainability program will also be a key part of this role and will help activate the 2025 MVH Sustainability Approach. The role reports into the MVH Sustainability Director, with dotted lines to MVH and Mars Petcare communications leads.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage MVH sustainability communications, internally and externally. This includes proactive management of sustainability storytelling, including developing campaigns and materials to highlight key initiatives, and share progress, updates and actions across all business units. Involves working closely with various internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Lead MVH sustainability reporting. Manage ongoing sustainability reporting and lead development of MVH’s sustainability reports, collecting data and narrative to report on progress against future goals. Generate stakeholder, competitive, and/or media landscape reviews or reports as needed.
- Develop and manage sustainability projects and internal engagement opportunities. Help manage and develop cross-BU Associate engagement opportunities for sustainability through green captain programs, trainings, projects to activate on the 2025 sustainability approach, and coordination of internal groups.
- Organize and activate external stakeholder engagement. Manage key external relationships and partnerships.
- Organize sustainability-related events. Partner across Mars and the MVH businesses to organize, support, and execute sustainability-focused events.
- Coordinate with Mars Petcare and Mars, Inc. Ensure alignment between MVH sustainability communications and broader Mars Petcare and Mars, Inc. efforts.
- Lead issues management/reactive comms regarding sustainability topics.
- Develop and manage cross-BU sustainability internal sustainability training and capability building.
- Track and report out on industry and broader global trends related to sustainability.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or Business is preferred.
- Five or more years of Communications experience are required with sustainability experience strongly preferred.
- Communications experience, developing effective and compelling communication materials and campaigns, for both internal and external audiences is required, specifically experience working for an agency.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously prioritize and manage multiple projects, manage scope, effectively Integrate with various stakeholders, and mitigate risks are required.
- Experience with effective collaboration across functions and geographies to solve challenges is required.
- Good relationship builder and strong stakeholder management skills are required.
- Excellent English written and communication skills are preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.