Regional Finance ManagerJob ID: R-90212
Location(s): 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington, United States, 98683Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Regional Finance Manager is to assist the Regional Vice Presidents, SOLT, and CFO by contributing expert financial and analytical knowledge for the development and implementation of business strategy, resulting in delivery of the financial targets for the region.
This role focuses on significant issues critical to the organization’s success, including: developing key business strategies, labor, inventory, performance management and forecast design and development.
The Regional Financial Manager is also responsible for the analysis of hospital openings and closures; interfacing with CTS leadership; sharing of best practices across regions; and working closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to develop forecasts, targets, and practice-level insights.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Diagnose performance concerns/opportunities within the region to identify root cause, offering effective and holistic solutions.
- Partner with solution centers and shared services to deliver the highest level of support to business partners.
- Provide direct coaching and consultation to the regional teams to build and develop greater financial capability.
- Analyze, benchmark, guide and react, where applicable, to financial and operational metrics to drive results. Analyze market/hospital margin performance by service/product type.
- Monitor trends and data including Key Performance Indicators. Assess regional financial needs, offering solutions guided by Central Team Support practices.
- Manage cost of goods including oversight of the quarterly inventory counts and consulting on inventory ordering best practices.
- Partner and provide support in all areas of hospital labor including monitoring DVM and Para productivity measures.
- Assist with hospital valuations.
- Continuous development and enhancement of financial tools to support the success of field leadership.
- Assess revenue growth opportunities including when and how to invest.
- Manage communication flow and deliver exceptional service to internal and external customers of the Regional Finance Manager Team.
- Partner with Veterinary team on needs assessment and ROI on capital expenditures. Work with Asset Protection on good governance efforts and loss prevention.
- Support practice-level initiatives and functional projects to understand and shape financial impact to hospitals and practice.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This position requires 25% travel.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Six years of Finance experience with transferrable skills are required.
- Three years of experience as a financial analyst or similar role are required.
- Diverse career experiences (both within and outside of Finance) are preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.