Senior Learning Experience Designer (Mars Veterinary Health)Job ID: BAN001FU Location: 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
The MVH Veterinary Education and Training Team creates and manages learner-centric programs in support of Associates across the Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) business units.
The Senior Learning Experience Designer (LXD) is a learning experience expert who leads veterinary learning projects from inception to delivery. The Senior LXD is responsible for project management and delivery through full product life cycle: Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE). The expectation is that the Senior LXD will be a hands-on role, able to create high-end learning products as well as manager the work of other LXDs. Learning projects include web-page design, e-learning, and print material.
The ideal candidate has a proven history of implementing projects utilizing adult learning theory, instructional technologies, industry standard instructional design processes, and measurable metrics. The incumbent also brings thought leadership and guidance to this newly formed department and team.
Key tools include the current versions of Storyline, Camtasia, Photoshop, Premier, Adobe Creative Suite, and Cornerstone On Demand (CSoD) Learning Management System.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Instructional Design (50%)
- Create learning solutions that measurably contribute to the quality of patient care and associate development.
- Provide learning design for a variety of e-learning approaches including adaptive paths, branching scenarios, experiential learning, gamification, social media and user generated content (UGC), behavioral modeling videos, video interactions, and others.
- Author course content, storyboards, program collateral with a primary focus on the end-user experience.
- Conduct content, skill and audience analyses to develop curriculum or course training objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and SMEs.
- Review existing programs for modern improvements, applying instructional design approaches and proposing adjustments or new curriculum additions.
- Provide learning design and develop engaging and measurable courses directly in eLearning tool (i.e., Storyline and Rise, Camtasia, Photoshop, Premier, etc.).
- Create learning objects, curricula, and assignments within the Cornerstone (CSoD) Learning Management System.
- Create supporting educational materials/media (audio, presentations, documents, glossaries, study guides, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.).
- Work independently to produce “go-live ready” without supervision.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and skill related to current practices, new methodologies and delivery systems in the field of learning and development.
- Ensure portfolio of learning adheres to established course design standards.
- Creative Direction (30%)
- Establish design standards, style guides and templates for learning projects.
- Utilize UI/UX design principles and tools.
- Expert user of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere.
- Evaluate and advise creative trends in learning designs and technologies (e.g. AR/VR) to provide forward/future thinking solutions.
- Project Management (20%)
- Manage full instructional design life cycle from intake to evaluation.
- Create and coordinate project roadmaps and manage project plans including requirements gathering, milestones, communication, execution, and risk management.
- Plan and oversee work of other instructional designers, support in prioritizing work on both need and impact.
- Communicate with stakeholders and deliver project updates.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Masters degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Graphic Design, Adult Education or Learning Delivery is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience in training, development, learning capacity, or a related function with knowledge of methods for curriculum and instructional design, multimedia training and adult learning theories is required.
- Eight or more years of experience in delivering enterprise learning solutions (5,000+ employees) are required.
- Eight or more years of hands-on LMS experience are required (Cornerstone (CSoD) is highly preferred).
- Eight or more years of experience with hands-on industry tools (i.e., Articulate Storyline, Premier, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, HTML5) are required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and confidentiality is preferred.
- Ability to be effectively and actively engage on multiple, parallel projects is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills are preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, doctors, management, and hospitals is preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set, prioritize and attain goals with attention to detail are preferred.
- Experience as a team lead or with coaching and mentoring other associates is preferred.
- Experience in medical illustration is preferred.
- Experience with film equipment, software, and JAVA script is preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.