Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Specialist IT End User Support
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary purpose and function of the Sr specialist End user support is to support the information technology needs of individual team members at Banfield Pet Hospital. This associate will identify and implement technology solutions to maximize the end user experience.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
Write scripts and use tools such as Control-M, Octa, Office 365, Service Now for IT Process Automation. Diagnose and resolve general hardware/software issues on desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and other computer peripherals, including movable devices such as Apple iPhone and iPads. Configure and deploy servers, desktops, laptops, monitors, printers and other computer peripherals to new and existing users. Research, interpret and analyze data in order to recommend enterprise wide solutions (for example a new collaboration tool, productivity suit of tools, video conferencing) Create user accounts, security groups, and distribution lists in Active directory. Manage enterprise wide projects to completion, providing detailed project plans, costs, resources, timeline and managing the project budget. Lead medium to large technology upgrade related projects. (for example: could impact hospitals, CTS, total enterprise, and be a Window’s upgrade, or installing new software, could be a critical business system like ECM and lead the upgrade) Manage and pro-actively identify support needs for mobile computing technologies. Conduct research as needed to ensure new solutions are being considered as well as best solutions for Tier 3 issue resolution. Support administration of Office 365 and other cloud-based collaboration tools. Primary owner and support of our collaboration and video conference tools such as Skype, Blue Jeans, Microsoft Teams; in order to provide excellent client experience and ensure environment is functioning at highest level for our global business. Support IT hardware and software in hospitals. Perform application installation and support
- Other Job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must be able to travel occasionally for business (approximately 1-2 weeks per year).
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other computer-related field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum 4 year of relevant experience in a comparable IT support role required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud based technologies including Azure, AWS etc. required
- Demonstrated knowledge supporting Office 365, Microsoft Intune required.
- Experience with IT Process Automation. Also experience with Modern Provisioning tools and methodologies as well as unified end-point management experience required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!