Specialist, Talent AcquisitionJob ID: CNVBAN001XC Location(s): Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist, Talent Acquisition is to source qualified candidates to fill all open Veterinary Technicians, Veterinarian, CTS and Field Leadership positions, reducing time to fill and increasing quality of applicant pool.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Source, identify, pre-screen and interview quality candidates for Field Leadership and CTS open requisitions, reducing average time-to-fill.
- Source qualified, diverse candidates quickly by posting positions, cold calling, networking, career fairs and school visits.
- Develop and maintain contacts with educational institutions, employment agencies, placement firms, and other sources of applicants.
- Present Banfield as an employer of choice at various career fairs, employer panels and other public speaking events.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to guide through hiring process and educate them on appropriate interview styles and techniques.
- Assist team lead in the development and implementation of programs, plans, policies, and procedures for recruitment, testing, selection and hiring new team members.
- Facilitate requisition, recruiting, offer letter and new hire processes.
- Facilitate DVM/CTS/Field Leadership employee relocation, retention bonus and referral rewards program.
- Maintain and update all recruiting reports such as Headcount, Open Requisition, Time to Fill, Cost per hire, etc.
- Assist in and provide input on revisions, upgrades, and enhancements to Banfield’s career center and any other piece to the ATS that would improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide input into the development and/or revision of recruiting materials and processes.
- Maintain and update applicant-tracking database. Define recruiting priorities (in partnership with hiring managers).
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Two years of professional recruiting experience are required.
- PHR or SPHR certification (SHRM CP or SHRM SCP) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs