Sr. AccountantJob ID: BAN001GY Location: 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Sr. Accountant is to support the accounting processes of the corporate center including intercompany accounting, monthly tracking of department costs and allocations to the business units supported by Mars Veterinary Health (MVH).
This role will be responsible for assisting with the governance and controls journey and supporting the business units with compliance to Mars policies.
This position will include collaboration with MVH finance associates as well as associates at the individual business units.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Prepare periodic cross charges for multiple allocation pool within set deadlines.
- Respond to inquiries from intercompany partner business units and provide updates as required.
- Process and reconcile intercompany transactions with all intercompany partners.
- Prepare journal entries to support the timely recording of corporate center period costs and provide supporting documentation for balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare periodic financial reporting of corporate center department costs. Assist with periodic forecasts and the annual operating plan for corporate center costs.
- Assist in the month end close process for the subledgers and general ledger.
- Participate in automation solution projects for intercompany reporting.
- Support key governance and control initiatives in the areas of financial accounting and reporting, governance and control policies and frameworks and digital controllership organization.
- Assist with financial reporting and consolidations in Helios.
- Participate in significant ad hoc projects.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Four years of accounting experience are required.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting processes is required.
- Experience with general ledger accounting is required.
- Experience working with intercompany accounting is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.