Photo credit: Jeff Hinds
Sr. Analyst, Real EstateApply Now Job ID BAN00088 Location 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job Type Full-time regular
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Sr Analyst, Real Estate is responsible for conducting advanced analytics that support the appropriate strategic direction of the practice. This position is responsible for evaluating the causal relationships of existing performance in order to develop and apply predictive modeling tools that ensure the continued fiscal health of the practice through appropriate hospital deployment, including but not limited to: sales forecast models, new hospital and competitive cannibalization models, and categorical inventory models. This position supports practice-wide analytics in order to identify and explain challenges at many levels of the business.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Research and analyze Banfield customer and sales distributions to determine trade area rule sets.
- Present detailed graphical representation of compiled data with actionable summary.
- Assist in the development of multifaceted predictive models that are produced as the result of identifying the fundamental, underlying interactions of hospital performance and the demographic/psychographic profiles of the core customer base.
- Conduct analysis of all existing core hospitals and their associated customer data in order to identify, interpret, and communicate complex relationships in hospital performance.
- Participate in periodic real estate inspection trips with brokers, PetSmart partners and other Banfield Associates.
- Create maps and support materials for senior-level assessment of relevant market data.
- Recommend real estate sites based on compiled data for various hospital models (Urgent Care, Free Standing, Teaching, etc.).
- Identify and communicate potential risk issues related to real estate locations; work with Site Selection Managers to jointly identify alternative locations that capitalize on strong sales potential
- Participate in communications with PetSmart regarding future sites, store features and hospital locations.
- Maintain hospital site inventory list.
- Collect and analyze competitor and business partner data to provide in-depth analysis of new market opportunities.
- Develop and maintain vendor-provided services and systems that help support critical business functions
- Analyze monthly operating results.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for leadership with relation to operations results, financial data, industry trends, etc.
- Create Field Leadership organizational maps as needed by our business partners.
- Gather and analyze field data (queries, tables, etc.) and develop effective reporting mechanisms.
- Conduct fielded market analyses.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may periodically require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- May be required to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time.
- Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Geography, Finance or Mathematics required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Five years of relevant professional experience is required, with statistical background or education preferred.
- Advance level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills required with MapInfo or ESRI, coding ability preferred.
- Ability to effectively produce quality work under tight deadlines and stressful situations preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Banfield Pet Hospital Job Alerts
Join our Talent Community and get notified about new jobs that match you! In 30 seconds you can let Banfield Pet Hospital know you're interested!