Sr. Director, Talent & LearningJob ID: R-124467
Vancouver, WashingtonFull time Apply now
Salary Range: $193,388 - $265,908 (DOE)
Summary and Qualifications:
Provide strategic leadership and direction to talent and learning subfunctions, processes, and practices to help drive growth and maximize achievement of short and long-term business goals, while supporting a capable, engaged, and diverse Associate community.
Create alignment between the enterprise strategies and the talent/learning/strategy and roadmap.
Partner with leaders to ensure that talent management and development solutions meet business needs and support the realization of objectives.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Define, build, and drive Banfield’s Talent Management and Learning strategy agenda.
- Create of effective organizational development, talent management, and learning strategies ensuring successful Associate development, performance management, and succession planning.
- Establish and maintain processes and practices to continuously evaluate development needs of all Associates.
- Design, develop, and maintain strategies and programs to address leadership and Associate development needs.
- Establish Mars Signature Processes and work with People & Organization Generalists to implement across the business unit.
- Oversee the execution of performance management processes and tools and lead the design of all talent review processes and practices.
- Create a vision and plan for organizational learning and development that supports the talent strategy and leads to capable and knowledgeable teams and leaders who are ready to meet the challenges of a fast-growing industry.
- Leads with an inclusive and innovative mindset.
- Build and maintains relationships (medical and non-medical) with key stakeholders within Banfield.
- Drives annual learning needs and gap analysis across all areas of the business.
- Contributes to the prioritization of learning work, representing Banfield’s needs and navigating within the available resources.
- Assists with identification of measurable learning outcomes for Banfield to support the goal of tracking how learning elements contribute to the business unit goals.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Adult Education, or a related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 10 years of Human Resources experience are required.
- Eight or more years of experience in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, and/or Adult Education are required.
- Talent Management experience is required.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
What We Offer – The Good Stuff:
- Competitive salary with paid time off & holidays so you can spend time with the people you love
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your loved ones
- Fertility and family-building assistance
- Paid Parental leave
- Practice Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Practice Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive referral program – join our team, bring your friends, and get paid*
- Automatic enrollment 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment with generous company match
- Commuter Benefits
- Legal Plan
- Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- Mental health support and resources
- Paid Volunteering
- Optimum Wellness Plans® for up to three pets
- Continuing Education allowance & MED hours for eligible positions
- Student Debt Relief (for full-time DVMs)
- A Variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular and so much more
Even More Good Stuff:
- Opportunities for growth and leadership roles at Banfield, Mars, and other divisions of Mars
- Health and well-being benefits to support quality of life
- Associate-led equity, inclusion, and diversity groups (we have 7 of them!)
- Awesome opportunities to volunteer through Mars Volunteer Program, like volunteering at coral reef cleanups or on research vessels!
*Terms and conditions apply
**Benefits eligibility is based on employment status
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.