Sr. Manager, Benefits Integration (Mars Veterinary Health)Job ID: BAN001CR Location: 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington Job status: Full-time regular Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Want to make a real difference?
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) is a global division within Mars Petcare – more than 65,000 associates, dedicated to delivering high-quality pet healthcare to further our collective purpose: “A Better World for Pets.”
Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards Strategy for MVH, this role will be responsible for leading the strategic partnerships with MVH business units to plan, develop, and implement new and revised Benefits programs. This role will be critical as we make an impact on the veterinary profession, as we are aiming to offer competitive and equitable benefits in this industry and offer a leading associate experience.
This role will: Ensure alignment of all aspects of Benefits in the relevant business units, with the MVH People Strategy & Total Rewards strategy appropriate for their organization, as well as the governance process, based on strong appreciation for Mars, Incorporated’s culture, Five Principles, strategies and philosophies.
If you are looking for a varied role, working in a rapid, fast-moving environment and would like to contribute to our mission of improving pets’ lives, this could be for you.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Accountable for setting MVH benefits strategy in collaboration with the Director, business units, and Mars benefits team.
- Lead the development of benefits programming to provide framework for business units to successfully implement. Programs will include healthcare, retirement, life insurance, PTO, and leave, based on external information and internal analytics and practices. Engage and facilitate collection of input from business units.
- Facilitation and representation of aligned MVH point of view regarding benefits related strategies and programs between the MVH business units, global Mars Benefits and other stakeholders. Key liaison for all benefits-related consultancy work.
- Work closely with Mars Treasury and Benefits on benefits integration for all retirement and health and welfare plans and programs.
- Drive MVH benefits roadmap and related activities in partnership with stakeholders across the business.
- Ensure appropriate benefits governance through all MVH business unit levels.
- Partner with the business units to establish short/medium and long-term benefit priorities and roadmaps.
- Lead development of processes and best practices to manage Benefit program effectiveness, evaluate performance of MVH specific vendors, and coordinate contractual processes with Treasury and Benefits.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across MVH to drive alignment on benefits roadmap and related initiatives.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Some travel will be expected for team meetings (U.S. and global).
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Benefits, Statistics, Business or a related field is required.
- Ten or more years of professional experience in NA Benefits are required. Global Benefits experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work interdependently, working in partnership across boundaries with strong influencing skills while building trusting and credible relationships – understanding a diverse Associate population is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proven communication and stakeholder management skills are required.
- Ability to work constructively and effectively in a team environment – especially across geographies and time zones is required.
- Ability to navigate complex business environments, own and progress the function agenda, and successfully gain buy-in from key stakeholders is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.