Sr. Specialist, Talent AcquisitionJob ID: R-67620
Location(s): 18101 SE 6th Way, Vancouver, Washington, United States, 98683Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
Manage the sourcing, recruitment, and selection process for assigned functions/regions, with a focus on priority, leadership, and innovation for ensuring security of top talent for positions at Banfield.
Perform full lifecycle recruiting and provides the highest level of staffing services while guiding clients/hiring managers and candidates through the selection process.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Organize, lead and communicate effectively regarding the day-to-day recruitment operations for assigned client groups through the development and execution of full life cycle recruitment plans and strategies, ensuring the candidate, functional leader, team, and recruiter experiences are met.
- Perform selection function including pre-screening resumes and candidates, participating as part of interview team, advising hiring managers, driving the offer process, leading and documenting post-interview debriefs and feedback sessions with interview teams, candidates, and all levels of leadership.
- Meet established hiring targets, manage client relationships, and interact with hiring managers to discuss specific requirements.
- Drive facilitation of continuous improvement via measurement tools, scorecards, and recruitment analytics.
- Ensure proper and confidential protection of candidate data, recruiting and hiring practices comply with governmental regulations and company policy and procedure requirements.
- Develop search strategies leveraging a balance of creativity, drive, and political savvy.
- Source active and passive candidates that fit and will further our culture through networking, direct sourcing, and working with external executive search firms (as needed), providing exceptional service delivery by understanding our business landscape, competitive demographics, and employment value proposition to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
- Build networks with strong leadership talent in the marketplace.
- Retain and manage relationships with additional recruiting support, such as sourcers, researchers and search firms.
- Maintain accurate and well-ordered documentation on all candidates, searches, hiring managers’ interactions, and other recruiting activities in the applicant tracking system.
- Lead, coach and mentor recruiters and hiring managers as needed.
- Conduct initial interviews to ensure qualified candidates are referred to managers.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a similar discipline is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Six years of experience in full lifecycle in-house corporate recruiting are required, with three years recruiting for senior level positions and demonstrated success in a high-volume recruitment position.
- Wide degree of creativity, short and long-term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization are required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of legally defensible sourcing, networking, qualifying, assessing, interviewing, relationship management, record maintenance and metric management is required.
- Expert level experience to perform searches that produce qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using various recruitment sources including cold calls, talent pipelines, networking, Internet recruiting resources, career fairs, internal talent pools, and employee referrals is required.
- Experience recruiting for large companies with a multi-unit presence is preferred.
- PHR/SPHR and/or AIRS certification is preferred.
- Healthcare background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.