Data Engineering Director (Mars Veterinary Health)Job ID: R-73518
Location(s): 1234 Job Posting Location, Westlake Village, California, United States, 91362Job status: Full time Apply now
Summary and Qualifications:
The Data Engineering Director is a key leadership role within the Mars Veterinary Health (MVH) D&A team and is responsible for design and implementation of the management, monitoring, security, and privacy of data using the full stack of data services.
The Data Engineering Director will direct the team to Integrate, transform, and consolidate data from various structured and unstructured data systems into structures (or Data Models) that are suitable for building analytics solutions.
The Data Engineering Director will collaborate closely with Data Analysts and Data Scientists in a team and provides essential combination of software development and data management to the rest of the team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Data Storage:
- Implement and maintain data storage solutions in the cloud.
- Implement non-relational data storage such as Cosmos DB, Data Lakes.
- Implement relational data storage such as SQL Server, Azure PolyBase, Amazon Redshift, etc.
- Data Modelling:
- Design and develop software pipelines for automating data processing and transformation, from data ingestion, data quality, to data modeling.
- Automate the data processing pipelines using tools available on cloud data management platforms such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, etc.
- Develop stream processing for real time analytics.
- Data Management:
- Design, implement and administer data security and access policies.
- Monitor data health by implementing automated data quality checks, provide know-how and line of sight into the lifecycle of each data resource, from source systems, to ingest, to data models.
- Monitor and optimize high speed execution of data processing code, optimize usage of cloud compute and storage resources to be cost and time efficient, ensure high availability and low latency of data for analysis and visualization.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- This role requires 30% travel.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science is required, or a combination of education, training and experience to provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Eight or more years of experience in one or more public clouds including Azure (preferred), AWS or Google Cloud Engine with SQL & Python, and/or PySpark Support are required.
- Data Engineering, Data Science, and/or Data Mining experience is required.
- Data Engineering experience in one or more data management platforms such as Data Bricks (preferred), Azure, Snowflake, and/or C3.AI is required.
- Experience with cloud security and data privacy best practices & implementation is required.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning software and toolkits & Data Engineer Certification in one or more Cloud and Data Management Platforms is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health (MVH)® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. MVH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. MVH complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.