Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Banfield aspires to be a practice where, as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced veterinarian looking for a change, a new beginning at Banfield means an open door to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career.
We believe hiring doctors with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to deliver to the highest quality of preventive care for each pet and client.
- Practice in accordance with state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Devote yourself to the culture of preventive care and Optimum Wellness Plans
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Deliver medical and surgical treatments with formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with Banfield’s Medical Quality Standards
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems, including Banfield’s database, PetWare, designed to obtain data for population research
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience · Exemplify the Mars Five Principles — Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing for the state in which they intend to be hired, prior to their start date.
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License may be required by the state in which you intend to work. If you do not already hold an SCS, Banfield encourages you to obtain this license after your start date as the practice may reimburse this cost.
- Once you obtain your DEA License, Banfield will fully reimburse.
- New associates will be required to take their state USDA Accreditation class by the time they reach the 12-week mark from their hire date.
Your well-being matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients.
Our dedication to your growth.
Your development is important to us which is why we'll provide you with Personal Development Plans designed to define and achieve your career goals, as well as a wide array of practice-paid continuing education opportunities.
Commitment to community wellness.
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how we support the wellness of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
Support when you need it most.
As the world’s largest veterinary practice, one of our biggest differentiators is our talented and equally passionate support teams that surround our skilled veterinarians.
This network of hospital, field, and headquarters leadership, allows us to offer you the support and resources needed to help you worry less and focus more on being your best self while practicing veterinary medicine.
Ready to start your career with Banfield? Apply now.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.