Harcum CollegeJob ID: R-95491
Vancouver, WashingtonPart time Apply now
Summary of Job Purpose and Function
The primary purpose and function of the Student Ambassador is to serve as a liaison between their university (students and faculty) and an assigned Banfield Medical Director.
Description - External
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Represent Banfield Pet Hospital in a sincere, professional manner.
- Proactively promote awareness of Banfield’s mission and vision among peers and answer questions from faculty and student body regarding Banfield.
- Assist the Student Programs team and assigned Banfield Medical Director in arranging campus visits at the Ambassador’s school by distributing materials, posting announcements, reserving meeting rooms, arranging catering, preparing giveaways, and all other event details.
- Participate in the presentations on campus and provide follow-up with students and Banfield.
- Distribute Banfield flyers, posters, e-flyers and other collateral to faculty and student body of Ambassador’s school as allowed by school’s vendor policy.
- Inform the Student Program team of student activities and functions that may serve as a venue for Banfield participation (i.e. Job Fairs, Open House, SCAVMA activities).
- Attend Banfield sponsored conferences and educational meetings when appropriate.
- Keep an open line of communication with Student Programs team and assigned Banfield Medical Director
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Hiring qualifications
- Action oriented
- Command skills
- Integrity and trust
- Peer Relationships
- Priority setting
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
Capabilities and Experience (can do)
- Ability to multi-task- Manages multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Communication skills - Reads, writes and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational ability – Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Problem solving skills - Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling difficult problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Client service skills - Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Intellectual ability - Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format. Can provide directions.
- Mathematical ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to convert units of measurement.
- Computer skills - Comfortably and confidently uses a computer and specialized software. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
The Five Principles
- Quality - The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal.
- Responsibility - As individuals, we demand total responsibility from ourselves; as associates, we support the responsibility of others.
- Mutuality - A mutual benefit is a shared benefit; a shared benefit will endure.
- Efficiency - We use resources to the full, waste nothing and do only what we can do best.
- Freedom - We need freedom to shape our future; we need profit to remain free.
Attitudes (Will do)
- Initiative – shows willingness and aptitude to use own discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when both big and small tasks need to be done.
- Integrity – Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Banfield Pet Hospitals. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Cooperativeness – Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Flexibility – Is open to changing situations and opportunities and is willing to perform all tasks assigned.
- Independence – Able and willing to perform tasks and duties without supervision.
- Tolerance for Stress / Resiliency – Maintains a positive “can do” outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
Special Working Conditions
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training
- Enrolled as a student in a veterinary medicine program at a School or College of Veterinary Medicine
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
No recently viewed jobs
No saved jobs
We’re more than just a hospital. We’re an entire network of locations, serving pet lovers around the country — and guided by dedicated teams inside our headquarters.